Sunday, March 25, 2012

Trends In the Entertainment Industry and How being a Recent College Graduate Prepares Me To Excel In These Areas

There are two trends in the entertainment industry I would like to discuss, which is public relations and social media (bloggers). These 2 entities within the entertainment industry has changed drastically and are definitely interrelated with each other. It has become almost impossible to use one without the other, especially with the huge demand for a social media buzz by record labels for artist. Due to social media it has changed the way businesses make decisions. However, I'm a publicist and work all my clients public relations projects, and I find myself working closely with bloggers, and journalist. Bloggers and journalist live in the internet world and all their content is released virally on a consecutive basis. Having relationships with these bloggers and journalists makes my job as a publicist run much smoother, as I also have clients that content needs to be spread out virally through the internet.

As a publicist I need the journalist & bloggers and as a blogger and journalist they need publicists, we both have the control to influence the public opinion. However, publicist have the celebrity client & news, but the bloggers and journalist have just the news. Most of the time bloggers and journalist would contact publicist for a story on their celebrity client and then release it through print and virally on the internet. Publicist contact bloggers and journalist when they want content from their clients to go viral, and we also have the power to invite them to our red carpet star studded events.

As a recent graduate from fullsail I'm prepared to excel in these areas within the entertainment industry because of knowledge I gained thus far. The knowledge I have gained, such as knowing what SEO, back links are have opened my eyes to understand the importance of my relationships with bloggers and journalists. Having digital marketing as an imperative goal as a publicist for your clients makes social media seem easy.


Posted By: Sparkle Callahan


Resource:
http://blog.prnewswire.com/2011/12/27/trends-in-public-relations-for-2012/


1 comment:

  1. Your articles are always so thoughtful.
    It always tell me about new things.
    I want to thank you for providing me the information.
    Best BBA College in Meerut

    ReplyDelete